We live our culture.
We’re committed, passionate and professional, and we’re dedicated to doing the right thing.
Who we are
We have a unique care model that tightly integrates care management with home care.
Using a team of care managers who are registered nurses and master’s-level social workers, we manage the challenges associated with aging to help clients and their families gain peace of mind and remain independent for as long as possible.
Our care management mindset is supported by specialty trained, in-home caregivers who follow an individualized care plan to provide a premium home care solution and assist with personal care, homemaking and companionship for our clients.
“We are passionate, long-established leaders in our field, committed to professional excellence in service to our clients and families. Collaboration, flexibility and creativity are hallmarks of our supportive work environment.”
Where we came from
Phyllis and Valerie co-founded Stowell Associates in 1983. It was the first private professional care management company in Wisconsin. Together, they pioneered a truly differentiated care management and home care business, becoming one of the largest of its kind in the country.
Under Phyllis and Valerie’s leadership, Stowell Associates has been voted one of the top places to work 8 years in a row by an anonymous survey of our employees.
Where we Are Headed
In December of 2017, Chip Measells led a group of influential local investors to acquire Stowell Associates. With the long-term view in mind, Chip has devoted himself to being the chief protector of our culture.
Stowell Associates has built a unique care model, which we are committed to enhancing as we expand our care to reach more clients in Southeastern Wisconsin.
NUMBER ONE FOCUS is to TAKE CARE OF THE CULTURE.
The culture will
TAKE CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
and our people will
TAKE CARE OF OUR CLIENTS.
How we work
- We support one another.
- No matter the setting or situation, we do the right thing.
- Our processes and policies support our efforts to be excellent.
- We continually look for ways to improve our processes so we can do more of what we do best.
- We make decisions for the long-term—we are not short-term thinkers.
- We are committed, passionate and professional—those who are not are not here.
- We solve problems and are empowered to do so.
- We have a no-drama workplace—we have the autonomy to solve disagreements ourselves and seek support when needed.
- We are experts at what we do! Our clients recognize the premium value of what we bring.
- We are innovators and sometimes innovators make mistakes—that’s ok.
Investing in Education
In 2013, Stowell Associates celebrated its 30th anniversary by establishing the Stowell Associates Care Management Scholarship at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Foundation. This scholarship rotates every two years to provide two years of support to a student at either the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare or the College of Nursing. As Kari Klatt, Stowell’s Executive Director explains, “As the Executive Director of Stowell Associates, I have been thrilled to be part of a business culture that is based on learning, serving and supporting our community. Giving back has always been part of our culture.”